Daily Archives: December 2, 2018
Subscribers of prepaid Vodafone connections are able to enjoyfast and smooth Vodafone online recharge. A task that involved lots of time and patience, at least till about a few years back is now one of the easiest things to do that gets over swiftly in few seconds or minutes. Whether using a browser or an App, using Vodafone India’s systems and networks or a third party retailers’, while carrying out the task of Vodafone online recharge, the subscriber needs to make sure of certain things.
A. Using a browser
- Never Auto Save information on your browser, especially related to your bank account number, password, credit/debit card number, CVV, PIN and One Time Passwords.
- Have the Auto Complete functionality disabled from the browser so that it is unable to store any password.
- The browser that one uses on their personal computer, laptop or any mobile device should support 128-bit encryption for carrying out banking and financial transactions.
- Always remember to clear the browser’s cache and history at the end of a financial or banking session, especially on a shared computer terminal.
- Have a personal firewall installed on your computer or laptop. Also keep updating the browser and the operating system on a routine basis. Also have the latest version of anti-virus software installed on the computer. The firewall and the anti-virus software should be updated from time to time.
- It is also wise to disable the File and Print sharing functionalities of the system when conducting Vodafone online recharge.
B. Using an App – there are hundreds and millions of Apps that can be downloaded for free or on a chargeable basis from your mobile device’s digital distribution platform. While we are suspicious of downloading attachment from emails received from complete strangers, while downloading Apps made by unknown developers, we do not usually think twice. Downloading Apps that are malicious can harm not only the device but also make you a probable soft target for stealing your personalized information. Certain steps that should be taken are:-
- Always download an App from a reliable source. It is good to do a reference check of the source before placing your complete trust on it.
- Download a security software onto your mobile device before downloading any App. The software performs like ananti-virus software – they scan the App being downloaded, help locate a lost phone and even help wipe out the complete data from a remote location.
- While downloading an App, for example an App that enables you to make online payments like Vodafone online recharge, make sure to gain more information about the developer of the App. Reading through their websites, social media accounts and other online resources helps a lot. In case not too sure about the reputation of the developer, it is better to stick to the well-known and popular ones.
- Lastly consider carefully the permissions that the App asks for while downloading to decide whether to quit downloading or continue with it.