Monthly Archives: December 2018
What Needs To Go Into Buying Your Laptop
Buying a new laptop is not a small purchase. You will need to take a lot of information into consideration. Fortunately, this article is full of ideas and information you can use. Keep reading for more tips.
Check out a home shopping network to see if they have any deals on laptops. You can pay monthly for the laptop you want. You might be able to snag a great laptop for a hundred bucks each month.
Buy a laptop with a smaller screen if you don’t intend to use your computer for gaming or watching movies. The displays on these computers often offer much lower resolution but they are less expensive and more portable. Fifteen inch monitors are in the mid range and should give you the resolution you need.
Learn a little bit about specs before you purchase a laptop. Know the differences between various CPUs, hard drives, graphics chips, and RAMs. You do not need to know everything about each of these items, but understand what each is and what function they have in a laptop. You do not want to spend more for something that you do not need or not spend enough for something that you wanted after the fact.
Test the mouse and keyboards for comfort and functionality. You want to make sure your hands feel comfortable using these devices. Test the mouse touch pad to make sure it responds well to your touch. You can always add a mouse or keyboard if you plan on using the laptop at home. Put if you plan to use it on the go, you will have to rely on the attached devices.
Choose a reputable brand when buying your new laptop. Your computer is only as strong as the brand name behind it, and you might find this out if you have to contact customer service for any reason. You want a company that honors the warranty it offers and assists you with updates or other needs too.
If you can only afford one upgrade on your laptop, consider an extended life battery. An extended life battery can keep you from being tied to a power outlet for six hours or more, meaning your laptop is increasingly portable and can be used anywhere. You will thank yourself for spending the extra money the first time you travel with your computer.
When buying a laptop, understand that buying bleeding edge technology is not always wise. As you move up in price, there are diminishing returns. Paying extra may get you the latest technology, but that technology is soon passed up by something else in a few months. As with PCs, the best deals are usually in the middle price ranges.
There are many things to consider prior to buying a laptop. Whether you’re getting a new one or upgrading the one you have, you now should know what to do. Utilize the advice in this piece to get where you want to be.…
Are you looking to install broadband for your school? This article is for you.
Schools today are a far cry from those even a decade ago. Globalisation has brought several changes to not just our lifestyles, but also the way we impart teaching and how students imbibe their daily lessons. There is a keen thrust on advancing knowledge by using the Internet for research information and connectivity.
If you are looking to install a good broadband connection for your school, you need to follow these steps:
* Decide the bandwidth based on the networked activities and needs.
Schools in the metros and Tier I cities in the country are increasingly adopting a global outlook in classroom education. No longer the exclusive domain of foreign universities, many high end Indian schools feature computers in daily learning. Certain educational institutions also arrange guest lectures and special interactions with offshore teachers via Internet learning tools. However, there are still many schools that depend on the traditional textbook and writing mode of teaching and learning. So how do you decide which kind of computer connection is best for the school? It all depends on how much Internet dependence exists in everyday learning, teaching and administrative tasks. If there is heavy dependence on networked activities both inside and outside the classroom, then a high speed broadband connection is necessary. Look up Airtel’s new broadband connections and plans for the best options.
* Assess how many devices will be connected at one time.
As a further counterpoint to the point above, you must also assess how many digital devices are likely to be connected to the broadband connection at one point, which times are the busiest for Internet consumption, which kind of learning and teaching activities require Internet access (students doing research for projects, teachers using videos to illustrate their lessons, etc.) and if the connection has top speeds that do not flag despite simultaneous use. We recommend going with Airtel’s new broadband connection in fibernet, because it offers really high speeds and a host of unique features that your school can benefit from. Plus, it allows simultaneous connections of many different devices.
* Discuss pricing and plans with the service provider.
Now that you have assessed the type of connection you need, you can approach the service provider with your requirements. When you contact Airtel for new broadband connection, the company will first understand your requirements before suggesting a likely plan for 6 months or 12 months. There are heavy discounts on both these options at the moment. Then a technical team will arrive to inspect the premises and locate the routers and servers wherever required. The new Airtel broadband connection is then installed and key administration staff is taught how to operate it, pay the monthly bill, and so on. Wi-Fi passwords are also set on the connections at this time.
Subscribers of prepaid Vodafone connections are able to enjoyfast and smooth Vodafone online recharge. A task that involved lots of time and patience, at least till about a few years back is now one of the easiest things to do that gets over swiftly in few seconds or minutes. Whether using a browser or an App, using Vodafone India’s systems and networks or a third party retailers’, while carrying out the task of Vodafone online recharge, the subscriber needs to make sure of certain things.
A. Using a browser
- Never Auto Save information on your browser, especially related to your bank account number, password, credit/debit card number, CVV, PIN and One Time Passwords.
- Have the Auto Complete functionality disabled from the browser so that it is unable to store any password.
- The browser that one uses on their personal computer, laptop or any mobile device should support 128-bit encryption for carrying out banking and financial transactions.
- Always remember to clear the browser’s cache and history at the end of a financial or banking session, especially on a shared computer terminal.
- Have a personal firewall installed on your computer or laptop. Also keep updating the browser and the operating system on a routine basis. Also have the latest version of anti-virus software installed on the computer. The firewall and the anti-virus software should be updated from time to time.
- It is also wise to disable the File and Print sharing functionalities of the system when conducting Vodafone online recharge.
B. Using an App – there are hundreds and millions of Apps that can be downloaded for free or on a chargeable basis from your mobile device’s digital distribution platform. While we are suspicious of downloading attachment from emails received from complete strangers, while downloading Apps made by unknown developers, we do not usually think twice. Downloading Apps that are malicious can harm not only the device but also make you a probable soft target for stealing your personalized information. Certain steps that should be taken are:-
- Always download an App from a reliable source. It is good to do a reference check of the source before placing your complete trust on it.
- Download a security software onto your mobile device before downloading any App. The software performs like ananti-virus software – they scan the App being downloaded, help locate a lost phone and even help wipe out the complete data from a remote location.
- While downloading an App, for example an App that enables you to make online payments like Vodafone online recharge, make sure to gain more information about the developer of the App. Reading through their websites, social media accounts and other online resources helps a lot. In case not too sure about the reputation of the developer, it is better to stick to the well-known and popular ones.
- Lastly consider carefully the permissions that the App asks for while downloading to decide whether to quit downloading or continue with it.